Businesses today need to create a presence online to remain relevant to their customers. In the rush to build awareness, we often develop content and execute...
It’s everything you see online.
It’s a blog post, it’s a video tutorial, it’s memes and GIFs, and yes even the cat videos we all love to watch are digital content.
According to the International Telecommunication Union, a specialized agency of the United Nations, 53.6 percent of the global population, or 4.1 billion people, are using the Internet. (https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics/Pages/stat/default.aspx)
Everytime we turn on their devices, we search for something useful, something funny, something to buy, something to brighten their day, or perhaps to find out what’s happening in the world. There are millions of other reasons people access the net. Google alone answers four billion queries a day.
Content keeps us informed and entertained. It guides us in making decisions and guess what? It could bring new visitors to your site and translate to actual sales for your products or services.
If you are not yet creating online content for your company, then you’re behind the curve. You’re missing out on these marketing statistics as pointed out by Hubspot:
- Content marketing brings in 3X as many leads as traditional marketing and costs 62% less.
- SMBs (small and medium businesses) that use content marketing get 126% more leads than those that don’t.
- 61% of online purchases are the direct result of a customer reading a blog.
- Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month get 3.5X more traffic than those that post four or fewer posts per month.
Content is important for your business because:
- It’s a way for you to introduce yourself to your target audience.
- it’s a way for you to offer help with the challenges your prospective buyers are going through.
- It’s a way for you to bring customers to your website and give you a chance to engage them and delight them.
- It could help you understand your buyer’s preferences and help you could tweak your marketing strategies to attract, engage and delight.
- It’s a way for you to establish your credibility.
- It’s a way for your website to gain domain authority and could land the coveted first page spot on the competitive world of online searches.
We consume content on a daily basis. Now we can use this powerful tool of creating content to get internet users like us to visit our webpage and see what we have to offer :)